The aim of the program is to train our students to be qualified Turkish teachers of Turkish language who will make students love Turkish, follow current studies, have the skills and equipment to respond to the needs of the age, are sensitive to social events and cultural differences, adopt lifelong learning, and use information and communication technologies effectively in the learning-teaching process.
The competencies (learning outcomes) that the graduates of the FIU Faculty of Educational Sciences Turkish Language Teaching Program are expected to have are listed below.
- Evaluates the structure and functioning of the Turkish and TRNC education systems. S/he acts in accordance with the requirements of laws, regulations and other documents regarding the roles, duties and responsibilities imposed by the systems in question.
- Uses the concepts and terms related to Turkish Language Teaching correctly and associates them with professional practices.
- Develops the ability to be aware that students in the education process may have individual development differences and difficulties, and demonstrates the knowledge and skills to implement practices that will support children both at school and at home.
- Uses the field knowledge and experience acquired in educational activities, and establishes connections between the field of Turkish Language Teaching and other disciplines.
- Knows to evaluate the physical, psychological, social and cultural needs of children in pre-school education process and their families. In order to respond to these needs, he/she makes use of the opportunities available both within and outside the school system.
- Works alone or as a team member in the processes of assessment, application, problem solving and determining the needs of the student in the field of Turkish Language Teaching.
- Becomes aware of the current scientific research and technological developments regarding the education of Turkish and applies them in his/her teaching and research.
- Strives for continuous improvement and uses the knowledge and experience gained in the field of Turkish language teaching in achieving future career goals.
- Uses his/her native language effectively as written and spoken language. In addition S/he uses a second language at an appropriate level to follow international literature in his/her field and communicate with colleagues.
- Develops a positive attitude towards lifelong learning, change, innovation, creativity, critical thinking and questioning.
- Includes artistic, sports and cultural activities within the scope of the education program in line with the student needs.
- Develops social responsibility awareness. With this awareness, he becomes sensitive in contributing to the institution he works and the environment he lives in.
- Become sensitive to cultural differences and the diversity of social groups, and takes an active part in social life.
- With the awareness of children's rights and human rights, and by acting in accordance with ethical values in all kinds of studies, S/he establishes personal and institutional interaction in order to develop and maintain a safe school and living environment.
- Uses information production and analysis methods and necessary tools and equipment effectively in the areas of education, application and research.