Our international English-medium MBA:
- Is Taught fully in English.
- Offers a joint degree program in partnership with the world-famous VATEL International Business School, France.
- Provides a fully integrated and practical program with work-related project.
- Offers opportunities for internship and work placement experiences in both North Cyprus and 90 other countries, including 45 distinguished hotel schools, and 4 and 5 star international hotels in such countries as The USA, UK, Canada, Scotland, Ireland, Malta, Australia, Belgium, Switzerland, Dubai, Maldives, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, France, Italy and Spain
- Is open to both international students and Cypriot students.
- Designed according to European standards and guidelines and the European Credit Transfer System.
- Has close ties between our School of Tourism and Culinary Arts with many other international institutions (such as EURHODIP and EUROCHRIE).
- Is built on our affiliation with the Acapulco Hotel (part of the DMG Group), located just close to the Kyrenia campus of the University.
The duration of study is 2 academic years.
Students are required to do 16 weeks of internship during the summer term. The main purpose of this internship program is to provide students with hands-on experience in the sector, which will develop their practical skills and facilitate future job applications.
Work experience training is conducted in the final semester of the program and further prepares students for professional life.
Candidates should have:
- A bachelor's degree relevant to the tourism field, such as Business Administration, Tourism-Hotel Management, Sales-Marketing, Public Relations, Gastronomy, Tourist Guidance.
- A minimum score of IELTS Academic 6.0, TOEFL IBT 75, or 69 on the Oxford English Test (administered at FIU), or an equivalent English language qualification approved by the FIU Rector’s Office, or an equivalent English language qualification approved by the FIU Rector’s Office.
English Language Top-up
The FIU School of Foreign languages provides intensive preparatory English language courses for students unable to fulfil language proficiency requirements.