Note: Applicants from Turkey or the TRNC should visit our Turkish pages.
- Applicants will be required to provide a high / secondary school diploma. Otherwise entry qualifications are broadly similar to those required by government universities in countries of origin. For specific country requirements, please contact the International Office.
- As a member of the Caucasian University Associatiıon, Final International University also accepts the results of students who successfully pass the Caucasian University Association Entrance Examination for Foreign Students (See: http://www.kunibeyos.com/).
- Transfer students will need to submit original transcripts as part of the application process. Exemptions from courses is at the discretion of the department concerned.
English Language Proficiency
Qualifications for direct entry to FIU English medium undergraduate programmes.
- IELTS 5.0 or above within 2 years of the date of application to the University.
- TOEFL IBT 63 or above within 2 years of the date of application to the University.
- Pearson Test of Academic English 46 within 2 years of the date of application to the University.
- Cambridge English Scale: 154 within 2 years of the date of application to the University.
- GCE or GCSE English Grade ‘C’ or equivalent high school qualification.
- CEFR B2 (internationally recognised and verifiable certificates only, achieved no more than 2 years before the date of application.)
- Transfer students from English medium Universities who have successfully completed at least one semester of full-time study in their chosen program.
Students in these categories are not required to take the FIU Placement and Proficiency test.
All students registering at FIU not meeting the requirements in Section 1 above, have to take this test.
According to the results, students will either:
- Be placed in a one-year Preparatory School program, comprising 25 hours of weekly intensive classroom study.
- Be placed in a one semester Preparatory School program, comprising 25 hours of weekly intensive classroom study.
- Pass directly to their chosen program of study.
See the English Preparatory School pages for further details.
Students who have successfully completed an English Preparatory School program at another university
Students in this category will be able to enter their chosen program automatically but will also be required to take the FIU Placement and Proficiency Test. According to the results they will either be placed in the standard three hour/week Freshman English language course or alternatively the extended six hour/week course.